Pages

Toxic Positivity

Have you thought about this concept?

I just discovered recently. It's when I say that everything is ok but in reality I'm denying my real feelings...mmm let me check in google:

"We define toxic positivity as the excessive and ineffective overgeneralization of a happy, optimistic state across all situations. The process of toxic positivity results in the denial, minimization, and invalidation of the authentic human emotional experience..." 

https://thepsychologygroup.com/toxic-positivity/

Also I found this video:


I definitely have done this to myself and others, interesting. What about you?

I really appreciate the video explaining my behavior, the only part where I don't agree is the last part where they tell you how people should be more understanding about our feelings (or I should be more understanding of others) because that makes me think that everyone should understand me and that's no possible, at least I don't think it's possible now because I myself won't be able to do that all the time (to be understanding and loving, I'm working on it but I don't see it completely real) It's like going back to denying that other people won't be able to please us or help us or make us feel better all the time, which is falling into denial again that is basically what is toxic positivity. I think that is important to take responsibility for my feelings for example that I can't handle a situation right now and I need to understand that and if I need space, support or understanding I need to voice it and if no-one can help in that moment, look for it or go somewhere else, don't expect others to solve my emotional world.

Love,

Paola

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥ Don't forget to share your website