Pages

My first New York Fashion Week F/W 2015 (Mi primer New York Fashion Week)

This is one of the entrance in a show, I love this picture. Maybe my first one.

I don't know where I should start.

It's a huge step for me: from Xochimilco (that's the place where I am from in Mexico City) or from an Engineering career to one of my biggest dreams the New York Fashion Week.

My ID's to access to the shows

I looked for that opportunity for months and after some ups and downs I found a volunteering position. I collaborated like dresser, this means that I was behind the scenes taking care of the collection of each designer and dressing the models that were in the runway.

WOW I'M IN THE WEBSITE OF NYFW... http://mbfashionweek.com/gallery/ny-asia-fashion-collection-backstage-mercedes-benz-fashion-week-fall-2015
 Let's make it easy, 10 things that I learned:

 1. When you are in backstage, you have to sign a confidentiality agreement which says:
"...there will be no posting to blogs, Facebook, Twitter accounts, personal websites or any other electronic media regarding anything to do with Fashion Week.  No photography is allowed backstage or speaking to the media.  Violating this agreement may result in immediate dismissal from the team.  You will be asked to sign the written agreement at your first show."
Now you know why I didn't post anything.

2. Models are shorter than me (My height: 1.80 cm (6 ft)) waaa hahaha. Point for me :D


3. Models look very normal and yes super thin, it's amazing the change that can make a lot of makeup and the work of many stylists. There are people working for hours to get that look "super natural face and hair".

4. Living as a model isn't easy, it looks glamorous but it isn't. It's a work like any other where you have to learn, get experience and practice to be the best, it isn't true that you just pose, you have to create a whole image around yourself, to have confidence (and believe many models don't have). It implies a lot of sacrifices, for instance, they have to walk with shoes that don't fit them sometimes for hours and they can get real awful wounds :O. (I'll talk more about this in a next post).

5. You have to be waiting for hours.

6. Everything is very very fast when the runway starts. It lasts like 10 min in total.

7. There are many things happening in the backstage that you don't see even in videos or pictures.

8. Clothes for Ready-to-wear is beautiful, the quality of the fabrics and the finishing is perfect and usually made in US. (another post :D)

9. There are designers who can be very nice like Thomas Wylde who came with the whole crew and said thanks to every person.

10. It's hard to work under pressure but if you don't take critiques personally and trust in yourself and your work, everything is going to be ok.

I met Cristina Piccone, one of the most important Mexican models and one of my favorite <3


The shows where I participated and the models that I dressed from head to toe:

DAY 1
February 11th 2015
1. Ji Oh
Korean-born grad of Central St Martins and Parsons, declared the “one to watch” in 2014 by Huffington Post - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/13/ji-oh-designer_n_5578636.html

2. Protagonist
really strong core pieces for women - http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/designers/a1116/kate-wendelborn-protagonist


DAY 2
February 12th 2015
3. Creatures of the Wind
2014 CFDA/Vogue Award winner


4. Claudia Li
Parsons MFA grad – former designer JW Anderson


DAY 3
Friday, February 13th 2015
Australian luxury brand

6. Cushnie et Ochs 
body-con designs, past winner Ecco Domani Award and CFDA/Vogue nominee


 
        


7. A Detacher
Polish designer Monika Kowalski has a great flair for structure


DAY 4
Saturday, February 14th 2015
8. Jill Stuart
RISD-grad chic elegance

9. Tibi
designer Amy Smilovic – contemporary with flair

10. Asian Fashion Collective
6 Asian brands which have won this competition



Here I met Christina Piccone <3 one of my favourite Mexican Models!!!

DAY 5
Sunday, February 15th 2015
11. Opening Ceremony


DAY 6
Monday, February 16th 2015
12. La Petite Robe di Chiara Boni 
innovative, stretch-fabric dresses





13. Karen Walker 
New Zealand designer known for great styling and sunglasses




14. Zero+Maria Cornejo
Chilean-born designer with impeccable tailoring and international flair


15. Oudifu
Shanghai-based luxury brand




DAY 7
Tuesday, February 17th 2015




DAY 8
Wednesday, February 18th 2015
17. Thomas Wylde
Paula Thomas designer of rock n roll chic




18. Clover Canyon showroom presentation
LA-based, original and vivid prints



Love,

Paola




7 comments:

  1. Do you mean that you did something in order to dress every model that you are showing here or that you dress them totally? In any case, I feel really proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola mi queridísimo Ivan!! Primero que nada mil gracia por tu comentario <3. Segundo, colaboré con los diseñadores, vistiendo a las modelos con ropa diseñada previamente fui como una Fashion Stylist pero para las modelos, es decir, ellas llegaban se desnudaban y yo les ponía todos los elementos que ves en las fotografías. <3 :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much!! I really appreciate each comment in my blog. I'm happy that you like it. What did you like the most?
    I'll check your blog ;)
    Send you tons of hugs

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Love your post and every dress wore by models.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC ?? www.indianbeautytouch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting me! I follow your page <3, It's nice to follow somebody from India!! <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comment ♥ Don't forget to share your website