Pages

Finally a New Blog!! UPDATE




(UPDATE) I decided to cancel my Squarespace subscription and continue here in Blogger. I was scared that maybe Google was planning on closing Blogger but I decided to stick to this service and wait to see if it happens, instead of being scared of something I'm not sure if it would happen. It's just so easy to continue using this blog that I don't want to move it at all. So I'll be here. And I decided not to delete this post because it can be useful in case you are checking into new blog services.

Paola


Finally moving. For good? I hope so :) I'll be now writing there.

After weeks and weeks of research. Finally I have a new website 😭. I can't believe it. It took me so long to go for it. 

Basically this was the path that I followed:

1.  See what are the option for E-mail subscription services because Blogger is getting rid of the e-mail subscription by June 2021. I found this article: 6 Best Free Email Marketing Services Compared. Then, I realized that maybe it would be better to invest in a long term hosting service.

2.  Researching about the best platforms to Blog and if it was possible for free like here in Blogger. This is an amazing article I found about it: How to Choose the Best Blogging Platform in 2021 (Compared). Then, I thought that my best option was Wordpress so I decided to research more about it: Creating a Website with WordPress – Our Beginners Guide

3.  Tried to host a new Wordpress in my husband hosting service (also promo to my husband that has been very supportive hopstrains.com). This is when I noticed I required a little more control over the account so I decided to try Bluehost which is recommended by Wordpress.org website

4.  After 3 days of trying to setup my blog as minimalistic as I have it in here (which I thought was going to be easier) I finally gave up and decided to try Squarespace which make me feel really uncomfortable because I thought it was too expensive and I wasn't going to be able to afford it but after researching and watching some videos about blogging, specifically this one: Why New Bloggers Should Use Squarespace and Skip Wordpress, comparing prices, amount of storage and ease of use I decided to open a 14-day try Squarespace.

5.  After 10 minutes that it took me to setup my new website in Squarespace. I finally felt the confidence to buy a mermbership for a year with this super discount that I found in their website of 20% off (I don't think you are able to see it in a phone so you have to open it in a computer or iPad). I think they do this at the end of every month but I'm not sure, just keep an eye on it so you get this amazing discount.




Let me know if you have any questions.

Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥ Don't forget to share your website