Pages

Copic Markers tested on different types of papers and sketchbooks plus color wheel


Image 1. Copic on different papers


Hi grrrls and guys and everyone in between!

I decided to share some test I did on different types of papers and sketchbooks with Copic Markers (Sketch Series) in this way maybe you'll find the type of paper that adapts the best to your style and technique.

I used these alcohol based markers:
Sketch Copic Marker
  • 0 Blender
  • BV000
  • B00
Blick Studio Brush Markers
  • 065
  • 018

Legend for Image 1 (above) :
L = Layer (example 4L = 4 layers)
0 = I added number Blender (#0 in copic naming) the mix with colors and see the results


Image 2. Sketchbooks

My favorite is the Leuchtturm1917 sketchbook (pros: smooth, it's a sketchbook so easy to take everywhere, no grainy, white paper, good for layeeing; cons: bleeding) and Midori Paper Sketchbook (pros: smooth good with up to 2 layers, it's a sketchbook, no grainy,. cons: yellow pages, thin pages) This two work the best for my techniques or style. I'm an illustrator who loves blending. What about yours?

Other paper that I have seen very recommended but I haven't tried are: Neenah Classic Crest, 80lb/216 GSM, Solar White, 97 Bright y Copic Marker XPBC 8-1/2-Inch by 11-Inch Express Blending Card

Last but not least, I created a blank color wheel for all Copic Markers, maybe you'll need it and find useful. This is what you'll find in the wheel:

Image 3. Blank Copic Color Wheel Features

I'm selling it on my Etsy store in case someone is interested! It's available in US letter paper size and A4.

Link to US Letter Size (or click on the image below): https://etsy.me/2W3ICyi

Link to A4 Size (or click on the image below)https://etsy.me/2ZbpAbd


Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to tag me on instagram (@couragepassion) when you're using you color wheel! 

Warm hugs,

Paola



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ♥ Don't forget to share your website